The days of large house parties, tons of random strangers, glasses full of bubbly and half-naked party goers has come and gone for this guy. Over the last 8-years, those glamorous NYE parties, challenges of meeting up with everyone; on one night and the undetermined location of sleep? Has eradicated itself from my life. These days, I spend my New Years Eve’s reflecting on the year gone by, reading through my journal, sipping on a cup of coffee, admiring what might come out of the year coming up and drafting aspirations for what I believe will happen over the next 365-days.
So, how did this “old man” spend his final hours of 2015?
- Hung out with my beautiful wife discussing plans for road trips this summer
- Walked around town; stopped at the pharmacy and the hardware store
- Purchased a lottery ticket, it only takes 1-set of numbers to WIN!
- Cleaned up the condo
- Drove to the outdoor skating rink, met up with friends and ice skated
- Drove home, to watch the gorgeous orange harvest half-moon rise
- Watched fireworks of the local towns from our balcony
- Toasted in the New Year while drinking non-alcoholic fruit spritzer
- Gazed upon the dancing blue-green lights of Aurora Borealis
- Finished watching the movie; Italian Job
- And went to sleep by 1:30am
Good Night 2015 and Hello 2016!
Northern Lights of Alberta