After 33-days of reading travel guides, blogs, and other materials about Montreal, I found a story so grand that I just had to visit it for the shear beauty and miraculous possibilities.
If you’ve never heard how one becomes a Saint, you should look it up. Or just read this shortened version below;
- Catholic saints are men and women who lived holy lives in obedience to God’s will, and they became saints at the moment they entered heaven.
Now you know a bit about what intrigued me to the point of wanting to walk-up the 313-steps to the front doors of St. Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal.
Well, sort of… the other piece of info that really intrigued me was its Roman Cathloic and one of the world’s LARGESTs DOME!
- GPS Coordinates 45°29′30″N 73°37′00″W
This massive structure was completed in 1967.
- The Capacity
- 10,000 people (2,400 seats)
- The Building
- 105m (344ft) Length
- 65m (213ft) Width
- 37m (121ft) Depth
- 129m (423ft) Height
- The Dome
- Dome height outer 97m (318ft)
- Dome height inner 60m (200ft)
- from nave floor to outer and inner dome