Let’s all be totally honest for like twelve-seconds then we can come back to this “Tough Human Decision” brought to you by needles around the globe. For more than a decade I’ve been an avid world traveller, jumping from one country to another. Some of those countries were more civilized then others and some of those countries you had to mind your p’s and q’s or you could be disemboweled for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
As a world traveller, I’ve grown accustomed to seeing a doctor every couple of years to get any number of shots in order to give myself access to certain countries. Heck even when I wanted to study abroad for a couple of years, I had to get several shots updated before the Australians would let me into their first class country!
Flash Forward like a gazillion hours and we have landed ourselves amongst the pandemic known as COVID-19 which we all now know started in 2019 then it morphed and decimated the entire world in 2020 and has dribbled over into 2021.
At this point the entire world is up in arms (literally a pun) to get people into immunization tents or shops or drug stores throughout the planet to get your “jab” in the arm.
The “jab” can be a single dose by vaccinations by Oxford-AstraZeneca or Johnson&Johnson which reportedly has a lower effectiveness than taking the double dose of jabs by companies such as Pfizer BioNTech, or Moderna.
On many levels, people are upset as they are being “forced” into giving up their arm for the “jab”!
Ironically these people do have the choice not to receive the shot.
Of course by not taking the shot you might be limiting yourself from ever leaving your home country again. Or worse, you could still contract the COVID-19 virus because you have not built up your immune system and you could become violently ill and/or die! But hey, it was still your choice to take the “jab” or not to.
After all its just the “flu” right?
How many flus in the past decade have killed over a million human beings?
If you answered, zero (0) then you were correct! Pat yourself on the back. Heck, get yourself an ice cream bar and enjoy eating it because you are alive to do so!
Look… if history has told us anything, it’s that it WILL repeat itself.
Coronavirus has been noted in the anthologies of science since the 1920’s and recorded as either animal or human. If that doesn’t give you enough history then check out this post: Do You Love History? Coronavirus It Will Surprise You!
And if you were like me you were contemplating getting the “jab” or not.. but then I started thinking about all of the vaccinations I have been given in the last 2-decades and realized if I ever wanted to leave Canada and travel to some of the other 220 countries which I have not lived in, and or travelled to, then I better get my arm in line to take the “jab”.
One day we will visit countries below in green.
- Vaccination Requirements for International Travel
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Bahamas,
- Bangladesh, Belize, Bolivia, Botswana, etc.
- Yellow Fever
- Singapore, Australia, Fiji, Cook Islands, China, Hong Kong, United Arab Emirates
- Indonesia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Congo, Nigeria, Madagascar, Ethiopia, Tanzania
- Gambia, Senegal, Ghana, Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, etc.
- Argentina, Brazil, Peru
- Note: The World Health Organization recommends travellers entering Argentina, Brazil and Peru receive a vaccine, even though these countries do not require the vaccination to enter their respective countries
- China, Indonesia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea
- Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, Angola,
- India, Saudi Arabia, Morocco
- Zika Virus
- American Samoa, Angola, Anguilla, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Belize, Bolivia, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia,
- Meningococcal meningitis
- Gambia, Indonesia, Lebanon, Libya, Phillippines
- Saudi Arabia, Mecca, Medina, Hajj, Umrah pilgrimages
- Gambia, Senegal, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Mali, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, Central African Republic, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Eritrea
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) is working on developing a digital health pass which informs that air passengers’ have COVID-19 testing and vaccination to inform airlines and governments
- CommonPass by five major airlines was introduced to prove the results of passengers who had completed the COVID-19 tests prior to fling
- United Airlines, Lufthansa, Virgin Atlantic, Swiss International Air Lines, Cathay Pacific Airways, and JetBlue
- Qantas Airlines requires proof of vaccination before you can board their planes
- Australia will send you back home if you arrive without proof of COVID-19 vaccinations
- Korean Air and Air New Zealand will follow suite of their respective governments
- Netherlands requires a “vaccine passport” to enter their country
- Ireland is working on a mandatory proof of negative coronavirus test
Have I convinced you to take the “jab” ?
If you are still on the fringe of making this decision, than I highly recommend if you are a traveler to visit your governments Travel and Tourism website to learn what they are advising travellers whom live in their country as well as those who want to visit your home country.
You will be pleasantly surprised… that the government will not let you depart the country until you can prove you have had your vaccinations.
For those of you who are interested in traveling from or to Canada. Check out the Government of Canada Travel and Tourism website: https://travel.gc.ca
The number one thing people have to remember about receiving the vaccination, is that it only protects the person who has received it. It does not protect the people around you.R. Dyck